Monday, November 12, 2012

November 5


Tivemos algu... well, I´d just finished writing President Martins, and my mind was still in Português. As I was saying: We had a few exciting things this week. We had another baptism (which I´ll have to explain later) and a really cool ward activity.

As for the baptism, his name is Fernando. He´s crazy. Literally. He´s got some problems. Whenever we´re teaching him, he always brings up the weirdest subjects. We were walking to the church one day and he started to tell me that he things all films are made in heaven, and to get into the kingdom of heaven where these films are made you have to be really special. Then he started explaining that he´s pretty sure that Will Smith, Sylvester Stalone and Van Dam are his spiritual fathers because he feels like he´s looking in a mirror when he watches movies. Then we asked him for his info for the baptismal form, and he wouldn´t give us anything because he thought we might be the police. Anyway, he understands just enough that our District Leader passed him in the interview and he was baptized and confirmed this week.

As for the activity, we had what was called a mini MTC. We only had about 12 members who came, but those that came received a little training on how to approach people on the street and share the gospel with them quickly and then ask if the missionaries could pass by their house later. We then split up in twos and went out to the street. In the end, we ended up with about 40 addresses for us to pass by later this week. We´re super excited, but with transfers this week and also being so many people to contact ASAP, we´ve got a lot of work this week. 

I got the package with the camera. I can finally start taking pictures again. Thanks for the other stuff too. 

Well, my time is really short today, I need to rewrite the essay, and I´m trying to put the music you sent on my iPod.

Until next week.
--
-Elder Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.