Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 34


So this week we had some pretty sweet stuff happen. We started teaching this girl who has an aunt, uncle, and cousin who are all members. Her aunt and uncle came by the other day and we got to talk with them for a while. This girl seems pretty interested in what we have to say. I think she´s kind of looking for something since she hasn´t found a church where she really feels something special. Her aunt and uncle I think have helped her out. She also worked with a member who wants to come and help us out with the lessons. Anyway, a few months ago Elder Davis and I set a goal with a family in the ward. We set a goal to find a family that we could baptize. We decided pretty specifically what we want, then we prayed to find a family of 5 with a mom and dad that are married, two sons, and a daughter that are about youth age. This week we found a family finally that fits exactly the criteria we asked for There aren´t many people with more than 2 kids in São Paulo, let alone who all live together, and are married legally. We went in, taught the entire family the Restoration, invited them all to read, pray, and also go to church, then we prayed, everyone kneeling, and left. We passed by a few days later just to check on them and it looks like some of them have started reading a little bit. We´re pretty excited for this family.

Pretty sweet to see Dallin giving it his all finally and not really worrying about his back. I hope he can end his last season in high school pretty well. He also hasn´t emailed me yet.

I´m not sure if you guys sent any of thos recipes yet, but I just remembered that I want Dad´s chili recipe. Everyone freaks out when I tell them we only eat beans about 3-5 times per month and it´s not the same way they eat them. Several of my Brasileiro buddies here have been saying they want to try chili.

We played some more soccer today. It was only my 2nd time. I´m so awful, but I scored lots of our goals. I think it´s probably just because I´m in a little bit better shape than most of the other Elders in our zone.

Send some pictures of the new stuff happening in the house. I still have no idea what the new closet in the girls´ rooms looks like. 

I´ve got a few pictures this week. I´ll send them right after this email. Talk to you guys next week.
--
-Elder Candland

And it came to pass...



 I made some really good syrup stuff out of goiaba. It´s really really good.

There are some pretty sweet places to film a zombie movie here.

This place is pretty cool too.

There was a lizard on our wall two nights ago.


I had to get up really close to get this one. I hope Lars appreciates it.

Just some guys playing soccer. It´s pretty normal here. Just a feel of Brasil


A good part of my area.

Some sweet telephone lines. When the guys come to fix the cable and internet, but they don´t have time to finish it in one day, they just leave it like this. 


I was reading in Alma and got to chapter 11 where it talks about their currency. I drew out a few little graphs to show how much each is worth. The number represents how many of the items on top make up an item on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.