Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15


Oh man, reading all of the news about everyone throwing up started to make me feel a little sick too, but it´s probably because I ate this nasty sandwich for lunch. Actually it was delicious, but it was incredibly unhealthy. We went to the center of São Paulo again. There´s this huge shopping center on a street called 25 de Março. I´ve been there a few times, but this time I realized a little more just how cool it is there. Anyway, there´s this huge food market there too called the São Paulo Mercado Municipal, and there´s this famous sandwich there. Go to Google and type in lanche de mortadela mercado municipal and I´m sure you´ll find pictures. That´s what I ate. Anyway, we also made some buys... wait, that doesn´t make sense in English. We... bought... stuff. Elder Ruiz Diaz needed more white shirts. Then we hit up the really cheap tie shop. We each bought 4 ties, (oh ya, a recent convert took us there; his name is Antônio) so in total it was 12 ties for R$50 ($25). I bought myself a sweet t-shirt for R$10. 

Tell Shaini congratulations... well that´s what we say here. Happy Birthday is how you´d say it in English. 18 already. Get her out on a mission. Have them both email me sometime so I can pass on some stuff about getting ready for the mission. I hope they´re not already gone when I finally get back.

Elder Riuz Diaz is a pretty good companion. We get along rather well. I would say he´s a normal person. He only has About 5 months on the mission, so he´s got a lot to learn. I´m trying to be a good example and help him see how certain things should work; since his last companion was also fairly new too, there was a lot that they hadn´t learned yet.  Other than that, our companionship is good.

Anyway, this week was alright. We´re not doing all of the work that i´d like to, but we had a baptism this week. Bruno (another Bruno). He´s 20, just quit smoking, and seems sincere. He doesn´t seem to grasp everything; like he believes everything we say, which is good I suppose, but I´d prefer that he had a solid testimony because he recieved an answer to his prayers about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. We´ll just need to keep working with him to get him a firm testimony.
  
Until next week.
--
-Elder Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.