Friday, November 29, 2013

November 25

When I pictured Saginaw being a city I imagined there being skyscrapers, and tons of office buildings. But I guess city in Michigan just means tons of housing. There is plenty of places to shop and eat. And today for Pday we're going to visit a mall here.

It's interesting, I haven't had the traditional companionship yet. I do have 1 companion (Elder Palmer), but this ward has 2 sets of missionaries. So we share a vehicle, and usually we go to dinner/lunch appointments together. We're also spending Pday together, which should be fun. (The Saginaw2 Elders are Elder Bell & Elder White)

Since we share a car, we have to swap it with the bikes each week. So this week Elder Palmer & I rode bikes. The weather here is getting colder & colder. I'm warm if I wear enough layers. My face gets really cold though. It feels like I'm riding with an ice pack on my face. Pretty soon they're going to tell us to stop riding bikes so we can still talk to people. And so we don't slip on ice.

Elder Palmer has been out 3 months. He's gained 25 lbs from all the meals missionaries are fed, and from biking and getting built legs.

At about 4:00 each morning I hear Elder Palmer talk in his sleep. The stuff he says is mostly prayers or lessons. This morning I decided to talk back. We had a bit of a conversation :)

Yesterday we ate lunch at 3:00. We had Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and Ice cream for desert. Our next appointment was at 5:00. We had Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and Ice cream for desert. Oh, and cake. We were all so full by the time we left.

We're actually getting fed 2 Thanksgiving dinners. Both families from what I hear are okay chefs, and one of them makes mexican food, so that'll be interesting.

We have a huge ward. Well compared to the Branch I came from. Meals I'm sure you can tell aren't a problem here. We get plenty of leftovers, so I don't really have to worry about buying food.

I hope you guys enjoy thanksgiving together. I would be jealous of Adam, but he's not getting smoked turkey this year.

I lost the charger for my camera. I thought maybe I'd find it after packing everything in Alma. But I guess I'm going to need to buy one. Once I get a charger I'll start sending you pictures.

Love you guys,
Elder Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.