Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 2

It's going to take time for sure to get to know all the members. There are still family's in the ward I haven't had appointments yet. But the more I get to know the people, the more welcome I feel.

A couple days ago we door-knocked into some crazy liberal. When we told him who we were, he affiliated us with some guy in Texas who apparently committed rape or something, Warren Jeff. We told him that he's not affiliated with us, that he's from the FLDS church. He wouldn't have it, he told us it's still part of your religion. Then he got into a big thing with telling us how much he know about politics, and was convinced he knew more about our religion than we did. Then he told us we are very closed minded. But saying that all religion is the same and is bad, we figured he was more close minded than anything. After about a half hour we walked off and told him "Have a nice day."

Wednesday we went on Blitz with the Zone Leaders. They're both awesome, Elder Mc.Graw especially. He's the most genuinely loving Elder I've met, and is always willing to put forth his best work. There's a lot I could learn from serving with him, and there was some things I did learn from the few hours we worked together.

SO Thanksgiving. Our Mission President told us that we should proselyte that day. In our minds we thought, everyone we meet is going to hate the Missionaries for disturbing them when they're trying to prepare for their Thanksgiving, or watching to turkey-bowl. The roads were Icy so we couldn't ride bikes. (We're supposed to get a call from one of the Mission Leaders to tell us to stop, but it hasn't come yet.) So we walked in the snow to get to some streets. And to our surprise just about everyone was happy talking to us. And we actually had a couple people interested in having us come back.
For the 1st course [2:00] we went to a Mexican family who fed us a pretty good thanksgiving. Not everything was homemade but I enjoyed it. For the 2nd course [4:00] we went to a family that loves to feed the missionaries. I had a hard time eating much, so they sent us home with plenty of leftovers, which I'm grateful for, means I can spend less money grocery shopping. And we enjoyed our time there, the couple is fun when you get a chance to talk with them.

Sorry I didn't get a picture yet. But we are getting haircuts today, and I'm planning to use my companions camera to take the picture. For a christmas tree here, we have a felt Christmas tree we have on our wall, Elder Palmer got. Also I noticed a tiny Christmas tree in our laundry/microwave room.

Love you guys, enjoy the holiday season.
Elder Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.