Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 10

This has been a good busy week.

We cleaned out a couple of older members gutters. It needed to be done, especially before the snow comes & it's too late.

Wednesday I was with Elder Jeppson on a trade-off. We stopped by one of our most promising potential investigators. We talked with him for a little bit, but then we had to get going, so we set a return appointment for 5.
We taught the plan of salvation, and drew it out for him. He really appreciates art, so I was sure to make it look really nice. He liked everything about the plan. As we're wrapping things up I decided to bear my testimony on God being a literal, and very real person, and that as we show faith that we are talking to Him through prayer, we can be more receptive to His answers. I felt the spirit, and when I looked at our new investigator, I could tell he did too.
I'm really excited to see him again this week.

We saw another potential the next day, but I think her intentions where to show the error of our ways. We did ask if she want's to read the book of Mormon, and she said no. If we get another chance to see her, I think we'll explain more to them about what the book of Mormon is. Maybe when they know enough about it, they'll want to read it.

Poor Elder Peterson. We had members order little Ceasars for us, but for some reason when we went to pick it up they asked for $16. So without a second thought, he reached into his pocket and handed him his card. I did offer to pay for some of the pizza, but he said that that's ok. So I don't know what'll happen. He's poor as it is this month.

Sunday we had a surprise visit from the stake presidency. They called a new Bishop & counselors. They're good members, it'll be nice working with them.

Later that evening we attended a memorial service for a lady who had passed away. She has 5 children, 25 grandchildren, and 45 great-grand children. And I'm pretty sure they're all active. It's pretty amazing to see the outcome of her choice to be a member of the church when she was in her late teens.

I hear we're supposed to get some snow this week. They say there's a snow storm on it's way down toward us. Not too excited about that, but hey, I'm sure there'll be some good stories to tell.

It's always good to hear from you. I hope you have a good week.

Love,
Elder Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.