Friday, December 14, 2012

December 10


Well, this week we had a week full of offsets. We had a mission conference on Thursday, all day; on Friday we were called to help out at an expo center with a stand for the Mormon Helping Hands (Mãos que Ajudam); and yesterday we both got sick. Again. 

Aside from that, things are going alright. Ricardo, the guy who was baptized last week, is solid. We had a lesson with him on Wednesday and he invited his sister and his girlfriend`s niece to hear about the church of Jesus Christ.

Thursday was a good conference though. We had a white elephant gift exchange and I scored a big box of Frosted Flakes (Sucrilhos as they are called here). I´ve been enjoying them every morning since then.

I sent off my Christmas package for the family. This time around I speak Português a little better, so I was able to understand what the lady at the post office was saying. Anyway, I could either send a package economically, which she said would take a really long time to reach you guys since it´s December, or I could send it by priority. Since everything I sent this time is edible, I decided to just send it by priority. I´m not even going to say how much it cost to ship. I´ll just say that foi caríssimo. Think about music. There´s f for forte, mf for mezzo forte, and ff for fortissimo. Português also uses the diminutive issimo, and looking at its usage in music, I´m sure it makes sense added onto the word caro. 


I don´t have much else to write. Want a good Brazilian desert for FHE? Here you go:

Parfait from Brasil
Ingredients:
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder or chocolate
  • cookies (I think Oreos would be good)
  • Milk to wet the cookies
  • Chocolate shavings (optional)
  • Unsalted butter or margarine
Preparation:
First grab a can of sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, cornstarch and milk.
Heat on the stove and let stand until it´s creamy.
Set aside.
-
Heat the second can of condensed milk with a little margarine and cocoa.
Let it heat up until it starts to get thicker.
Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
-
Place in a cake pan the white cream first.
Dip the cookies in milk and place over the white cream.
Then add the chocolate cream.
Throw some chocolate shavings on top.
Set in the freezer for 2 hours.

Ah, there we go. The emails are arriving.

Okay, I got my trunky letter. I´ll be coming home May 22nd. About 2 months before I come home, I´ll get my flight plans, and I´ll send you all of the other information.

It looks like all of the young men just below Jordan and I are going to be gone when I get back. If Dallin gets his call before Christmas, It´s very likely that he´ll be gone before I´m home. Even if he goes to Brasil and has to wait forever to report to the MTC. 

I´m really hoping I get to stay here in this area for the next transfer. The  transfer is on the 19th, meaning you won´t hear anything until Christmas Eve, the first P-Day of the transfer. 

Anyway, I´ll talk to you next Monday.
--
-Elder Candland


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.