Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 24

Well, our week wasn't so great again. It's Christmas time and most people are too busy or are out of town. There are still people out there being prepared, but we just have to work even harder to find them.

Well, it's Christmas Eve, but I don't really notice any difference. We just have more chocolate in our kitchen than normal. Speaking of Chocolate, Elder Caetano got a package on Sunday. That's a good story I'll have to tell you guys tomorrow.

Well, there's not much to talk about since I'll be talking with you guys tomorrow. 3:00 pm my time I'll be calling.

One last thing, I was reading Discourses of Brigham Young (ya, I'm still reading it one year later; I've lent it out to other missionaries every now and then) and I found a good quote I wanted to share:
"Our Heavenly Father does not always reveal to his children the secret workings of his providences, nor does he show them the end from the beginning; for they have to learn to trust in him who as promised to fight our battles, and crown us with victory, if we are faithful as was faithful Abraham."
Often we have difficulties or challenges, and we want to know what greater blessings God is planning for us in the future so that we can find comfort and solace, but He doesn't always make it known because we need to learn to trust him.

Here´s our zone before the transfer.

 

I´m not sure who was brave enough to park his Porsche in this part of the neighborhood.

--
-Elder Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.