Monday, September 2, 2013

August 19

The weeks seem to get shorter as they come.

As a companionship we've found plenty of potential investigators. And right now we have 3-5 Investigators that have shown some promise. The most promising investigator moved to some college, so the missionaries there get finish giving her the discussions, which is fine so long as she invites me to her baptism. Kidding, but it would be nice.

During trade offs I was companions with a pretty cool missionary named Elder Hefner. He's a pretty nice guy, we talked a lot during that hour car trip to his apartment. He loves Batman, and Marvel. He's got a switchblade shaped like the bat'r'ang. Also he's really into Halo, so once I told him what dad does he said "That's awesome!" & gave me a high-five.

A few days ago my companions and I had a bar curl contest, Elder Lutz won. To him it seemed the bar was half as heavy. I got to a point were I could not possibly go any further, even when I used my body to bring the bar up. Today my arms are super stiff, I could hardly extend them out all the way this morning. It's good though, it Feels like I'm getting Stronger!

I didn't think about it that much but I've learned a ton of gospel doctrine from being on a mission and talking to me companions, especially the senior companion.

I'm sure there's more to talk about, but I think this is good for now.

I thought I might add that the 2013 edition of the LDS Scriptures have been released, I would love to get a set for my birthday.

And I you need other Ideas, our mission president has approved Hymns, Mo tab, EFY music, and classical music.

Love,
Elder D. Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.