Thursday, July 17, 2014

June 23

The first week here has just flown by, it's crazy. I'm still working on unpacking my stuff still, but there hasn't been much time for that.

So far no one's been able to tell  me where the town Cadillac got its name; it has nothing to do with the car.
This place reminds me of Washington more than anywhere else I've been in Michigan. It actually has hills! & it's pretty foresty too. There's a few lakes here too.
[My new address is: 105 Hobart St. apt.#6 Cadillac MI]
So first thing I did when I got here was I was taken by a member to a diner called "Big Boy's" (There's no question why they call it that. The burgers fall apart they're so greasy) Fortunately it was still breakfast time there.
There's a few weirdos in this area. We saw a guy walking down the street dressed in all pink, including this hair and carrying bags.
We've done a lot of tracting in this past week, for some reason that's what seems to happen when you get transferred to a new area. We do have a lot of people that we're teaching that are doing great, we also have plenty of others we're going to stop by that could be awesome too.
One guy we visited this week we talked to him about coming to church. He has some good excuses not to come, but I'm sure It'll do him good to come. We also did his dishes after the lesson, which helped him not feel so overwhelmed with everything.



A lady threatened to call the cops on us. We had pass through a gate to get to her door, which isn't the first time I've done that. She didn't like that. She started yelling at us, she told us we were trespassing. Then she said, "Anyone with brains would know not to come up on my porch." Really the only thing we can do in those situations is say Have a nice day, so that's what we ended up doing as we were leaving.

While we were shopping I found this watch for $1.06, so I thought heck yeah I'm getting that! I like it.
To my surprise there's actually quite a few places to shop here. I also got a golf-clicker to count how many people we invite. (That'll be really helpful)

Everything's going well here, things have been pretty busy which is good.
I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Elder Candland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.