Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29

Michigan's been well. I've been able to run the past few mornings without having to wear sweets. It's not as warm as summer, and I know it'll cool off even more soon.

I had a trade off with the Dewitt Elders. We gave a blessing to an investigator who had a heart attack and was in the hospital in Lansing. Then after a while of trying to find our was back, we had a lesson with a couple who should be baptized very soon. They are so awesome, they told us how they can see how much the gospel has blessed them in their lives already. They don't argue as much, and the husband told us how he's not getting into fights with people anymore. It was great to hear that.

There's a family that lives really close to our apartment who we've been visiting. We've been helping them put up some insulation & cleaning out the old insulation. Their house is old, like over 100 years old.

We also help an other family move a lot of stuff out of their house. The father was really appreciative, he gave us their leftover lasagna.

Our teaching pool has diminished. Some of our investigators are more interested in the churches welfare. Others aren't keeping commitments. We need to do a lot of finding. My companion has told me he hasn't seen much of any success tracting, and I can see why. Most of his approaches are route presentation. Hopefully we can work together on that. I'm trying to ask more questions at the door.

Last night we're driving home down a long road with tall grass on each side, going 55, & we see a family of deer come running out of the brush. I lay my foot on the brake, missed the first deer, but hit the second one. It was totally fine, It ran off into the grass with the rest of the family. There was no scrapes on the car, but there was a dent just behind the light, like someone threw a football directly at it. I sure if I braked a lot harder & sooner I wouldn't have hit it. I am glad there only little damage.

I just listened to the talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf from the womens session. I think it applies to Missionaries too. We shouldn't treat those we visit as anther checkmark. I think the people we visit we need to build a relationship with, and be their friend.


Take care, Love You!

-Elder Candland 

P.S. At our Zone Training this Thursday we get to watch Meet the Mormons. I'm pretty excited. It'll bee the best movie I've seen in over a year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.