Sunday, March 29, 2015

February 2

Yes, it's still cold. It ranges anywhere from 38° to -1°

Monday evening we had dinner with a family with their newly wed son & his wife. They talked about their wedding. The parents kinda rolled their eyes when it was brought up, because it was Star Wars themed, & their wedding cake was a Deathstar.
I just thought I'd start with that.

Anyway, my week was good. I'm getting to know my way around better.

During our district meeting I was told that our way of finding & teaching is wrong. We need to teach shorter, more simpler lessons, & we need to not be so persistent or I guess pushy on the doorstep. Also we should be happy. Apparently our mission is one of the most depressed ones.
We also were encouraged to help members work with Facebook as a way to share the gospel. i.e. posting short uplifting thoughts, or looking through their list of friends to find someone who might be interested.

Tues I spent in Cadillac. I had a trade off there & got to see some familiar faces. I'm going there again tonight.

Elder Davis's trainee was with the zone leader on a trade off. I got to talk to him for a bit. He says Elder Davis is a great guy, & tells him lots of stories of when we served in Saginaw.

We put 2 new investigators on baptismal date! The work's really moving forward here!

Elder Elmer, one of the zone leaders, is such a funny guy. He really soft spoken, but he's also really outgoing & fun. He called us one night & was impersonating a little girl. Elder Chidester thought it was creepy, but I got a kick out of it.

Anyway, it's good to hear from all of you. Have a good week!

Love,
Elder Candland

1. T.C. bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! We'll gather them up each week and send them to Adam.